blackphoenixrising

A Forum For Metalheads and Rock Fans from all over the World

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to BlackPhoenixRising.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, come and join our community today!

Post subject: SYTERIA, RANT O BOT, ALBUM 2017
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:10 am 
Contributor

SYTERIA RANT O BOT, ALBUM, INDEPENDENT MAY 2017

SYTERIA are a mainly female orientated 4 piece rock band based in Leeds, UK.

ImageImageImageImage

SYTERIA, are.

JULIA VOCAL, LEAD VOCALS.
JACKIE 'JAX' CHAMBERS, GUITAR
KEIRA KENWORTHY, BASS.
PABLO CALVO, DRUMS.

1. REVOLUTION: - A light, breezy little rocker to open the album. Julia's vocals have a great commercial quality to them as she delivers the song, whilst backing vocals from the girls add their own flavour to the number. This is a great fun track that would get any rock party going, melodic and commercial with harder moments in the latter stages and some lovely guitar licks from Jax. I found myself joining in the song by midway.

RUNNING TIME: - 3.11 MINS.

2. WHEN I GET OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL: - A harder paced catchy rocker with a punk taste.Highly enjoyable with a great chorus, driving guitars and stonking drums. Julia delivers the song with attitude, addictive stuff that will get you jumping about as you rock along to it with gay abandon. A hot and sweaty pleasing number.

RUNNING TIME: - 2.58 MINS.

3. COMPLICATION: - Screeching hard rocking guitars from Jax and Keira on this super rock number that has a lovely commercial chorus. Julia has great quality in the tone of her voice and this stands out. This is another classy track that rocks along with melodic touches and a tough edge. Pablo lays down a good vibrant solid drum beat throughout whilst Jax lets rip with a tasty guitar solo in the latter stages. Yep does it for me.

RUNNING TIME: - 3.20 MINS.

4. SHEEPLE: - Unsure what the title means on this short, sweet commercial rocker. "I'M A MODEL CITIZEN" sings Julia as the track rattles along with driving guitars and a top notch, classy, catchy chorus. This is a high energy rock number with a bit of a pop punk overtone. Jax and Keira once again produce some high energy guitar licks. You can almost imagine listning to this as you are driving along on an open road, whilst savouring every musical moment.

RUNNING TIME: - 2.52 MINS.

5. I'M ALL WOMEN: - A driving sizzling rocker that hits all the right spots from the onset, then gets into its groove with buzzing guitars, stonking drums, excellent vocals from Julia along with an enjoyable chorus. This is another energised number that has a sunny breezy air about it and will put a smile on your face. Love this number with its exciting, catchy drive.

RUNNING TIME: - 3.23 MINS.

6. GET A LIFE: - A delightful melodic style rock number that engages you from the onset. A bit more mellower with some smooth vocals from Julia and top class backing vocals from the girls for the chorus. The track has some pretty addictive guitar hooks together with some lovely deep bass lines from Keira. Jax is on fine form on lead guitar in this swirling, twirling number that just has a vocal finish.

RUNNING TIME: - 3.16 MINS.

7. STUPID GIRL: - This track is full of appealing commercial pop punk flavours. Although short and sweet it is once again very addictive and pleasing with its classy delivery and once again will get you leaping about and singing along to it. What more do you want, hey ho lets go.

RUNNING TIME: - 2.20 MINS.

8. LONER: - This track has a harder rock edge and a great tempo. Julia is on fine form with some tempting vocals as she draws you into the song. Jax and Keira provide some super driving guitar work, whilst Pablo provides an excellent solid drum beat. This is a nice layered track with classy guitar licks from Jax. An interesting number as it unfolds and goes a bit wild as it rocks out in the latter stages.

RUNNING TIME: - 3.28 MINS.

9. HYPERCRITE: - Sharp edged rocking guitars as Julia comes into play with some gutsy commercial style vocals. A top notch tempo to this track as it rocks and rolls along. The number fades briefly just after midway allowing Pablo to produce a neat drum solo, then the guitars and vocals gradually weave their way back in with the girls shouting " YOU HYPERCRITE" driving the words into your brain all the way to the finish line. A highly enjoyable rocker.

RUNNING TIME: - 3.07 MINS.

10. KAMIKAZE: - Another short sweet rock number with punk influences. Julia delivers the song with a more pop punk styled vocal with little bits of angst and attitude that reminds me of stuff from the late 70's punk era. A great energised track that pleases.

RUNNING TIME: - 2.27 MINS.

11. IF: - We are back with a more metal edged rocker, the vocals have a more harder approach to them although the chorus is more on the melodic, commercial side. Tasty subtle layers within the number gives it a nice variety. This is a down and dirty sharp track with some soaring guitar work and backing vocals, and powerful drumming from Pablo as everything rocks and crashes out to the finish.

RUNNING TIME: - 2.57 MINS.

12. NEW WORLD ORDER: - Here we go, wild guitar licks along with highly addictive enjoyable vocals on this crazy high powered number that rocks like a *****. The classy catchy beat gets you hook, line and sinker and bobbing away and shouting for more. Great varied guitar work threaded throughout in this stonking, almost anthem style number with semi punk flavours. A great track to finish the album and keeps you totally engrossed.

RUNNING TIME: - 2.39 MINS.

This is a great Debut from SYTERIA, an album full of short catchy rock numbers, with little bit of punk influences thrown in for good measure. The whole album is fun and highly enjoyable, and to be honest, what more do you need, it is a very welcome relief from the heavier stuff that is around at the moment and this band deliver their songs with class. I have great hope and faith in this band, and alongside JOANovARC should become a must see band for a long time to come. I missed their last tour, but they are definitely on my list to go and see them live. Great band, great album.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... 9.5/10

femmepower@BlackPhoenixRising.

For more info on SYTERIAcheck out the following sites/ links.

https://www.facebook.com/syteriagirls/?ref=br_rs
http://www.syteria.co.uk/
syteria-leeds-rock-metal-t2522.html